Privacy & Cookies
'The Rocking Horse Shop Ltd.' is a company registered (No.3733336) in England and Wales (collectively referred to as "The Rocking Horse Shop Ltd.", “TRHS”, "we" or "us" in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at TRHS, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. TRHS is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our store(s), use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
TRHS uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes – for us to be able to understand your needs better;
- to enable TRHS to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
TRHS uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest TRHS offers.
TRHS aims to update you with regards to information about products & services that are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to deliver your order we need to share your personal data with our delivery service providers.
TRHS only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean that they can only use your data to provide services to TRHS and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, TRHS will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where it is necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in the event of court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of a crime or the prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for TRHS to share your data outside of the European Economic Area.
This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to specific rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
TRHS may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- previous and existing purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on TRHS websites;
- your password;
- your payment card details, when you make a purchase or place an order with us;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with TRHS;
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
TRHS is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include:
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- security controls which protect the entire TRHS IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
TRHS will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from TRHS asking you to do so, please ignore it, do not respond and contact us immediately.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to TRHS and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time,
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge;
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis for TRHS processing customer personal data General
TRHS collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
What are cookies?
If you have any questions about how TRHS uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01759 368737
- e-mail us at: email@example.com
- write to us at The Rocking Horse Shop Ltd, Manor House Farm, Fangfoss, York, YO41 5JH
This policy was last updated in May 2018
Medium 'Hero' Race Horse - Ready to Ride Rocking Horse
Carve A Laminated Half Size Rocking Horse Course - August 2019
The Complete Rocking Horse Maker and Making Rocking Horses DVD
Drum Sander Set
Sleeveless Sanding Drums
Axcaliber Carving & Shaping Cutter
Kangaroo Head Timber for Little Rocky Laminated Chair Rocker
The Complete Rocking Horse Maker
Elephant Head Timber for Little Rocky Laminated Chair Rocker
Ready to Ride 'Half Size Rocky' Rocking Horse
Large Racing Rocking Horse 'Hero'
Medium Racing Rocking Horse 'Hero'
Making Rocking Horses DVD with any Rocking Horse Plan
Making Rocking Horses 2 DVD and Rocking Horse Plan offer
'Little Rocky' Laminated Chair Rocker Plan 124r
Carve-A-Head Course - September 2019
'Little Rocky' Laminated Chair Rocker Timber Pack
Rocking Horse Care Kit
Join the Guild of Rocking Horse Makers
Carve-A-Head Course - October/November 2019
" Highly recommended. I'd never done any woodcarving before and managed to leave with something that looked like a rocking horse head! Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere on the course and I liked the format of demonstrating each stage before letting us loose to have a go ourselves. He provided as much or as little help as requested and at no stage was I ever made to feel like I was going to fail. I am determined to complete the full horse and have in fact now purchased the materials to do so. Go on, give it a go!!! "
" Every horse is a hand-crafted individual. Ready-to-ride horses are available from stock, or you can commission a 'Special', made to your own preferred size and style. Horses can be shipped to any destination. "
" We love the rocking horse - it is absolutely as we wanted it. Thank you! "
Denise Caruth Stevenson
" For me it was a first working with sharp chisels and wood but within the first hour of the course we were given enough confindence to begin to shape our horses heads and by the end of the three days we all came away with heads we could hold up with pride. The whole course was well planned and we never were never made to feel the beginers we were. I now have an almost complete horse getting ready for his saddle, main and tail after countless hours of fun and head scratching. Try it! "
" Its hard to find new words to describe this course after looking at all the past reviews. Lets just say it was everything and more that I'd hoped but with great Yorkshire Hospitality thrown in. What a team they have down there. With very little carving experience I came away with a head -- and the rest of the kit to build the whole horse at home. Went on the course at the end of June and I have a completed horse sitting in my conservatory today 2 months later. Support from the Team has been great throughout. Believe me they wont leave you out there on your own if you need assistance. One complaint -- they don't tell you that this is very very addictive. One problem -- which horse to do next. If you are dithering about going on this course, don't, just book it "
" Had an great time and learned quite a bit in the three days I was there and it was my first course on carving and I will def think of doing something else again soonish lol. The team made me very welcome and have no hesitations what so ever in recommending this course. "
" This is just to say how delighted I am with our restored rocking horse which arrived safely yesterday. The handsome horse seems a far cry from the poorly horse we dropped off in May and it is now in pride of place in the dining room awaiting introduction to the grandchildren next week. It has been a pleasure to deal with your enthusiastic team and the result is great. It arrived on time as agreed and on budget. Rosemary Burke "
" I just want to say how wonderful our new rocking horse that you delivered last week is. It really is a fantastic work of art and I wish to express my sincere thanks to all who worked on it. It really did exceed all my expectations. So a massive thank you to everyone. "
" I am writing to express my appreciation for the great customer service I have received from The Rocking Horse shop during making a Large Rocky Rocking Horse. On the three occasions I either phoned or emailed I was given helpful and friendly advise which was followed by a speedy delivery. "
" An excellent course! I was amazed at how well my "head" turned out, not having carved anything at all before. I would highly recommend this course. All members of the Rocking Horse Shop staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. "
" I have to agree with all the positive reviews already made on the 3 day workshop on carving a rocking horse head. I experienced a very well organised course on learning the techniques for using the tools on solid wood without messing up the head right away, leading on to shaping the head as you would like. Just follow what is demonstrated step by step and you will end up with a very professional looking horse’s head and a good working knowledge of how to use the tools. I had already assembled the Large Rocky and carved the body but I needed some practise on a head. This was just what I needed. I am now full of enthusiasm to complete the Large Rocky. Most enjoyable, full of fun and a fabulous active holiday. There were six of us on the course and there were six good looking heads after only three days. I could not recommend this workshop more highly. The only negative is that I had to go home afterwards. "
" What a great way to spend 3 days! It was with some trepidation that I arrived at The Rocking Horse Shop to become a student at the 'Carve a Head' course. I had minimal experience with woodwork having made some small wooden toys, but had never tried my hand at carving. The first thing to be said is how friendly everyone was, only 2 mins after entering the premises I had a cup of coffee in my hand. You were never rushed, everything from carving techniques to use of special power tools was very well explained. All 5 students ended up with rocking horse heads that we could be proud of. We had learned the basics of a great craft and had some fun along the way. I have the rest of the timber pack and am now looking forward to completing the whole rocking horse.?If you have ever considered trying your hand at carving or making a complete rocking horse, then put it off no longer, this is the course for you. I can't recommend it highly enough. "
" I just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for the warm welcome I received last week on the Head Carving Course. It was a genuine pleasure to spend time in the work shop with a highly skilled and creative tutor. The 3 days provided ample opportunity to share this enthusiasm and to learn from a master craftsman. Thank you again for your support, guidance and timely advice. I feel equipped and inspired to complete my very own medium rocking horse which I am sure will become a munched loved addition to our family. "
Steve Kibble, Cornwall
" For woodworkers we offer a range of exclusive DIY plans supported by prepared timber packs, quality accessories & tack and specialist tools. We also hold regular carving courses with tuition by Anthony Dew."
" A cracking course. The team build confidence in both your woodcarving skills but also your artistic interpretation - by the end your horse's head may not look exactly like one of his but it will be pretty darn good! "
" As a competent hobby woodworker, but with no woodcarving experience. Miraculously, at the end of three days, I found myself in possession of a very presentable carved head, greatly exceeding my expectations. The team were able to give just the right level of help or advice to a pretty varied bunch of students. Everyone at the Rocking Horse Shop was very pleasant and helpful. Well worth travelling all the way from Kent to Yorkshire for the experience. "